Disillusioned.

Disillusioned with my living situation. I had high hopes for the cooperative experience. I thought I would break free of my (thick) shell and find my inner-extrovert, meet like-minded people, become more involved in my community.

Unfortunately, reality always disappoints.

The co-op is nothing of a home to me. In fact, it more closely represents a lonely hotel room. I guess that's why I'm always thinking of any excuse to leave; to stay at my real home in Round Rock. Of course, when I spend so much time at home, I can't help but feel guilty for wasting so much (more) of my parent's money. I feel like I'm always trying new things, moving new places, and my parent's are the ones footing the bill. <-- I really need to grow up.

It's so sad how suffocating money is. It always chews it's way into each and every area of my life, dictating my feelings and thoughts about myself no matter how hard I try to shake it. Right now I feel GUILTY and FOOLISH for spending more time at home than I do at my 700/month apartment.
0 COMMENTS
Written on Monday, April 2, 2012 at 4:30 PM by Shelby